Photo: Angèle Kamp via Unsplash
Hello, it's Friday! You made it! Now, behold a few of our favorite things from the week.
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.18.2020
- I have been making quiche constantly and I just learned a secret trick: Create a crispy cheese barrier to prevent soggy bottom crust!
- Chunky, ultra-cool earrings from Lets Meet Friday.
- Loving all the good, warm Fall foods paired to wine. Especially some buttery roasted sweet potatoes with a glass of this creamy De Wetshof 'Bon Vallon' Chardonnay. Oof!
- For those nights when only mac 'n' cheese will do.
- If you love scary movies or you WANT to love scary movies, you've gotta check out The Scaredy Cats Horror Show. Perfect pre-Halloween entertainment.
Enjoy the weekend!
-- Emily Rentsch
Photo: Bree Felten Leidel
EVERYTHING is Halloween right now! If you're just a little sick of the Snickers and Twizzlers and pumpkin-shaped Reeses, get a load of this adult Halloween treat below—created by my pal Corey Meier of Create Catering—that you can whip up in under 20 minutes. The best part about it? It pairs well with a fizzy little Moscato!
Trick or treat, friends!
PUMPKIN SPICE RICE KRISPIE BARS
*Pair to an off dry Moscato, like the 2017 Foris Sparkling Moscato*
Makes one 9×9 pan
For the Bars
• 2 Tbsp Butter
• 1 Bag Marshmallows
• 1Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
• 5-6 Cups Rice Krispies
For the Pumpkin-White Chocolate Ganache
• 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
• 1 Cup White Chocolate
For the Spice Mix - Make to your liking!
• Cinnamon to taste
• Ginger to taste
• Nutmeg to taste
• Ground Mace to taste
For the Dark Chocolate Drizzle
• 4 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Melt the butter and marshmallows together in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat.
2. Once melted, add the coffee granules and stir to combine.
3. Fold in the...
October is the perfect time to binge watch (again) season three of Netflix’s Stranger Things. I mean, what could be more Halloween-adjacent than a little weird and retro romp through Demagorgon-infested Hawkins, Indiana? Exactly.
Season three of Stranger Things brings the advent of The Mall, that glorious beacon of the 1980s. It’s new, it’s flashy, it’s...strange! Everyone in Hawkins loves it and the Starcourt Mall is really the center of some of the juiciest, most climactic moments in the season.
In the final scenes of the season, the Stranger Things gang splits up into smaller groups to more effectively kick the Mind Flayer's butt. Each group gets a code name to communicate with the others over walkie talkie: The Griswold Family, The Scoops Troop, and Bald Eagle (of course!). So, in the spirit of trying new and strange things, I’m recommending a super off-the-beaten-path wine to pair with each of the Stranger Things factions that face the Mind Flayer in this spooky and totally rad...