Photo: Annie Spratt via Unsplash
- Have you ever had Rush Creek Reserve? It's an insanely gooey and earthy cheese from Uplands Cheese in Wisconsin. They only make it in the Fall, and each small wheel is wrapped in spruce bark. It makes the PERFECT appetizer (or dinner for two?) and would be great with a bottle of Loosen Bros 'Dr. L' sparkling Riesling. Mmmm!
- Some over-the-top Christmas light displays to get you in the holiday mood.
- Claire Saffitz (formerly of Bon Appétit) just debuted her new YouTube channel. Let's get bakin'!
- Are you burning your candles wrong?
- We're getting excited about all of the scrumptious take-away Christmas dinners available through local restaurants! I'm drooling over the package from Petit León. Short ribs, foie gras mousse, and apple pie? Yes, please.
- Ever wonder why Princess Diana had that very specific haircut? Me too. Here's why!
- Have you checked out our Gift Guide? Here are a few others we love: Cup of Jo, DESIGNLOVEFEST, Girls' Night In.
The holiday season can get a little hairy when you're worried about what to get alllll of those fine folks you love on your list! Let me help you cut through the clamor of consumerism--here are a few of my favorite things from 2019. Hopefully they inspire you to treat your favorite people (and wine lovers!) this Christmas and beyond!
AGATE CHEESE BOARD | Anthropologie
This pretty, sparkling serving board makes a stunning backdrop to one of my personal favorite appetizers--cheese! And you know what plays well with cheese? Um, wine!
2020 PLANNER | Wit & Delight
I love a good notebook, and this sleek little planner has the bonus of helpful productivity and planning tools. Plus, Wit & Delight is a favorite blog and design house local to Minneapolis!
A BOTTLE OF HAUS APERTIF | Haus
Haus makes delicious European-style apertifs made from only the best ingredients, like California wine grapes and other natural goodies. This is the liqeur that's been missing from your bar! It's also a...
Photo: David Zhang
I am over the moon to announce our first press review at Sip Better!
Thank you to our friends at Minnesota Monthly + the lovely Ms. Joy Summers for this very flattering review.
Wine Clubs: The Perfect Mother's Day Gift
Sip Better figures out your taste for wine and goes deep
BY JOY SUMMERS
Published: May 2018
There’s a new wine club based out of Minneapolis that makes for just the sort of mom-pleasing gift we’re all looking for this time of year. I first heard about Sip Better from its founder, sommelier Leslee Miller. Miller operates Amusée, a wine company that teaches classes and builds delicious wine lists for restaurants. I was snuggled in at a seminar she led at Grandview Lodge’s yearly de’Vine weekend.
I had met Miller years before, and I fondly remember the first wine tasting we attended together because she described a white wine as having notes of Banana Runts. RUNTS! Does anyone else remember those little candies, often delivered from one of those little twist-turn vending...