Photo: Sip Better wine shop
It's the last day of September! How's your Fall feeling so far? We're loving that special golden afternoon light that accompanies the change in seasons. Have a great weekend and enjoy this little list of fun things!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.30.22
- I want every one of these tropical fruit-shaped plates. The dragonfruit one is particularly gorgeous.
> DRINK THIS: Bilo Idro 'Marina Cuvée' from Dalmatia, Croatia
- You already know this by now, but Lizzo played a historical crystal flute from the Library of Congress! Now that's the kind of story I want to see on my newsfeed.
> DRINK THIS: Matic 'Mea' Blaufränkisch Pet Nat Rosé from Slovenia
- "The Science Behind Nonalcoholic Wine," from the Smithsonian Magazine.
> DRINK THIS: Giesen (0% alcohol) Sauvignon Blanc
- A guide to Fall-scented candles, broken down by price. That Charcoal Candle from Apotheke sounds luxurious.
> DRINK THIS: Birichino 'Saint Georges Old Vines' Zinfandel from California
- Are you getting into Pickleball like the rest of the...
Photo: Dimitri Jablokov via Unsplash
Happy Fall, y'all! Please enjoy some of our favorite internet finds this week, plus wine pairings to drink with them.
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.23.22
- Okay, this Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese is absolutely going on my to-make list. It's going to ROCK alongside a creamy but bright and minerally Chardonnay (see below).
> DRINK THIS: De Wetshof Estate 'Bon Vallon' Chardonnay
- Temps are dropping, friends! Get cozy with our somm-selected wines for Fall.
- Fred Franzia has passed away at age 79. Wine Enthusiast does a deep dive on the man's impact on bargain wines.
> DRINK THIS: Left Coast Cellars White Pinot Noir
- Need a great book recommendation for the winter months ahead? I love this Cup of Jo post calling for readers' top three books!
> DRINK THIS: Paolo Scavino Nebbiolo
- A great little guide for how to change your skincare routine for Fall and Winter.
> DRINK THIS: J. Bouchon 'Paîs Viejo'
- We've got our eyes on Minnesota's Fall Colors Finder! Where are you planning on peeping the leaves...
Photo: Svitlana via Unsplash
Welcome back! I hope your day is sunny and bright! Here are a few things we discovered on the internet this week, plus a wine pairing for each one.
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.16.22
- These punch needle kits look like a cozy Fall activity! Add a fireplace and some wine? *chef's kiss*
> DRINK THIS: Viña Cobos 'Felino' Cabernet from Argentina
- A 95-year-old artist finds his muse among the pastries.
> DRINK THIS: Domaine J. Laurens 'La Rose No. 7' sparkling wine
- If you're in the South Minneapolis area, check out Alma Provisions! It's a teeny tiny outpost of one of the city's best and established restaurants. Pop in for pastries, sandwiches, bespoke apothecary items and gorgeous home goods.
> DRINK THIS: Domaine des Cognettes Muscadet-Sèvre et Maine 'Selection'
- A fascinating article on what it's like to go to trash collector school. Seriously!
> DRINK THIS: Alloy Wine Works 'Antipasto' wine in a can!
- Making wine in a California heat wave. Yeesh!
> DRINK THIS: Lioco 'Sonoma County' Chardonnay
Photo: Sip Better
Happy Friday! It's a busy week here at Sip Better (see below), so we're ready to relax. Hope you have a wodnerful weekend!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.9.22
- The cheesiest summer vegetable bake!
- Is Vermont the new wine frontier?!
- We're running a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo! All funds will go toward supporting our flagship brick-and-mortar wine shop (in downtown Minneapolis) and building up our wine club. We would love your help! Contributors get some pretty juicy rewards, too...
- "Why Friendship is Different Than Any Other Relationship We Have."
- The Everygirl ranks Starbucks' new Fall drinks. You know you're curious!
Thanks for reading!
Photo: a view of Thailand by Panuson Norkaew (via Unsplash)
Happy long weekend, friends! We're heading to the MN State Fair, how 'bout you? Whatever you get into, please enjoy some of our favorite things on the internet right now. Plus, wine pairings to go with them!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.2.22
- Being an 'old mom' is a real and difficult thing.
> DRINK THIS: Ramona (can) wine spritzer| Made by women!
- Our friends at Ready & Roam offer some amazing travel itineraries, covering everywhere from Door County to Thailand. Have you started planning your next trip?
> DRINK THIS: Our entire WINES WITHOUT BORDERS section
- This strawberry jacket (hello, Fall!) is sold out for now, but I'm putting it on my wish list RIGHT NOW.
> DRINK THIS: Patrick Bottex Bugey-Cerdon 'La Cueille'| Pink and frothy
- A comprehensive review of MN State Fair Foods from Racket. I can't wait for that Dej Qab Zib (coconut lychee colada) from Union Hmong Kitchen!
> DRINK THIS: Quinta da Raza Vinho Verde | A patio pounder, just like this colada
- We love a sneaker round-up here at Sip...