Photo: Leslee Miller
Good Friday to you! Here are a few things that are making us happy here at Sip Better. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 11.13.20
- This candy-colored gradient puzzle looks tough! But fun!
- Instagram poet, Kate Baer, just released her first book of poems. Each poem feels familiar and beautifully captures the experience of being a woman.
- Is there a cheese board in your future? Check out this post for the secret to a stunning cheese and wine situation!
- If you need a new book for your bedside table, here's a great list of the "Best-Ever Books by Celebrities."
- Need some (literal) eye candy? Scroll through Thirsty Whale Bakery's Instagram account for loads of gorgeous custom cake designs!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Photo: Leslee Miller
One joy in the time of Corona Virus? Virtual wine classes!
Sip Better's sommelier, Leslee Miller, has been putting her wine education chops to work from the comfort of her own home. Through her consulting business, Amusée, Leslee has begun hosting live themed wine classes via Zoom, and the latest one turned into one big wine and cheese pairing party! Wine lovers from around the country tuned in on Saturday April 18th to discuss how to create a killer cheese and meat spread (see that beauty up above?), which wines to pair with which snacks, and more. I was there too! And here are three of my takeaways:
VARIETY IS KEY
Make sure your cheese(and meat) board reflects the spice of life: variety! Choose at least one cow's milk cheese (like Gruyère), one goat's milk (such as fresh chèvre), and one sheep's milk cheese (like Manchego). Not only do these different milks offer many pairing combinations and flavor profiles to explore, they also ensure that most of your dining mates will find...
The holiday season can get a little hairy when you're worried about what to get alllll of those fine folks you love on your list! Let me help you cut through the clamor of consumerism--here are a few of my favorite things from 2019. Hopefully they inspire you to treat your favorite people (and wine lovers!) this Christmas and beyond!
AGATE CHEESE BOARD | Anthropologie
This pretty, sparkling serving board makes a stunning backdrop to one of my personal favorite appetizers--cheese! And you know what plays well with cheese? Um, wine!
2020 PLANNER | Wit & Delight
I love a good notebook, and this sleek little planner has the bonus of helpful productivity and planning tools. Plus, Wit & Delight is a favorite blog and design house local to Minneapolis!
A BOTTLE OF HAUS APERTIF | Haus
Haus makes delicious European-style apertifs made from only the best ingredients, like California wine grapes and other natural goodies. This is the liqeur that's been missing from your bar! It's also a...