Photo: Emily Rentsch
Happy Friday and Happy Champagne Day! What a beautiful coincidence, am I right? Check out this list of fun things on the internet and ways to celebrate bubbles today. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.22.21
- Have you read our guide to sparkling wine, yet? If you've ever been confused about the difference between Champagne and Prosecco (um, who hasn't?!), this blog post is a handy tool.
- This might just be the best popcorn hack ever: DIY microwave popcorn in your Stasher bag! Try it yourself or pass the info on to your favorite college student.
- Super excited about this comedic disaster film, Don't Look Up. Meryl Streep, Leo, Jonah Hill AND Jennifer Lawrence?! Sounds like a blast.
- Carla Lalli Music's new cookbook That Sounds So Good totally lives up to its title. I recommend trying her 15-Minute Roasted Butternut Squash with Spicy Greens and Yogurt. It's a harvest explosion!
- Have you explored the Pop, Sparkle, Fizz! section of the Sip Better SHOP lately?
- This Instagram account will...
Photo: David Wirzba via Unsplash
Hi! Thanks for stopping by! We hope this little list of links lifts your spirits.
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.15.21
- This is THE best apple cake I've found yet. It's the perfect marriage of crumbly coffee cake and tart apple dessert.
- Loving this critique of the Great British Baking Show, by Vanity Fair.
- Have you checked out our blog post on pairing wine to mushrooms?!
- Bookmark this list of bartenders' tricks for curing the hiccups!
- Get lost in this list of gorgeous trees around the world.
Have a lovely weekend!
Photo: Svitlana via Unsplash
Hello! I hope you've had a lovely week and are looking at an even better weekend. Enjoy these things we're loving!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.8.21
- Candy Corn Jello shots, anyone?
- I made this Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup the other day. It is intensely umami, rich, and totally vegan somehow! Make it for a taste of fall.
- Speaking of mushrooms! There's a new section in the Sip Better SHOP highglighting wines that are delicious paired with mushrooms of all sorts. Check it out!
- Would love to take a sniff of this Sriracha Rose candle from Otherland!
- If you find yourself in Superior, WI one of these days, may I recommend dinner at Eddie's World Famous Ribs? It's a cozy supperclub with strong drinks, quirky decor, and huge portions of piping hot and delicious food that you definitely won't finish.
Until next week!
Photo: Hanny Naibaho via Unsplash
Welcome to October! Fall is officially in full swing and I hope you're loving it. Here's what we found and loved on the internet this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 10.1.21
- This puff pastry-based apple tarte tatin from Serious Eats looks too simple not to try.
- Holy moly, you've got to check out these stunning, pastel JELLY CAKES made in L.A. They look like something from a dream!
- Alllllll of the Starbucks fall drinks, from best to worst. (I fully agree with their #1 choice. Do you?)
- Did you catch our somm, Leslee, stompin' grapes at 7 Vines Vineyard the other day?
- Everything you need to drink wine and party in Halloween style is right here and here (helloooo, eyeball garland!).
Have a relaxing weekend!
Photo: Erica Marsland via Unsplash
Happy Autumn to you! Here are a few links we're loving this week. Enjoy!
FRIDAY FAVES - 9.24.21
- Have you ever tried Christina Tosi's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake? DO IT. TODAY.
- If you're craving a little darkness leading up to Halloween, check out the Spooked podcast. True, extraordinary stories that might give you the shivers. Also, the host's voice is delicious!
- Ease into chilly weather with a bottle of the Matteo Coreggia 'Anthos' Brachetto. This light, Italian red boasts notes of rose petals, licorice, and fresh strawberry. Try it chilled, too!
- One of my favorite vintage spots—Arlee Park—in Minneapolis has been closed during the pandemic. Now they're back! Only online, but that makes it all the more convenient to peruse their warm, expertly curated wares.
- Consider this your reminder that The Great British Baking Show returns to Netflix tonight. Let the cozy times commence!